Many people find themselves frustrated at work when their outputs don’t quite align with their own ideal of what would be ‘good work’ in that situation. The reason for this misalignment is often a gap in knowledge or available resources. The RIGOR troubleshooting tool was originally developed to help educators identify and address knowledge or resource gaps within their teaching practice.
RIGOR has since been adopted by more than 1,000 professionals across diverse contexts including beyond education sectors.
Today RIGOR is used to troubleshoot a range of challenges and situations, such as:
• Knowledge or resource gaps
• Uncertainty on how to proceed
• Performance self-evaluation
• New intervention / solution development
• Evaluation of implemented intervention / solution
• Other decision-making moments
• Setting a clear intent